Treadmill workouts are a very effective way to lose weight. Treadmills provide you with a great workout, in a controlled environment. Treadmill interval training helps to bring variety to your workout. Here are five treadmill workouts that will help you loss those unwanted pounds.
1) Speed Workout
This routine combines intervals of basic jogs and moderately paced runs.
- Complete a 10-minute workout doing a simple jog.
- Modify your speed, increasing it by 1-2 mph.
- Complete a 3-minute workout at this speed.
- Go back to your simple jog for 3-minutes.
- Repeat the intervals above five more times.
- End your speed workout with a brisk walk for 5-minutes.
2) Treadmill Sprints
Sprints provide you with a workout of high-intensity. They help to increase your heart rate, which pushed you to run past your threshold. The entire process helps you to effectively burn more calories.
- Get yourself a good warm up in by jogging on your treadmill for 10 minutes.
- Adjust your speed to no less than 3-mph higher than your warm-up speed.
- Sprint on your treadmill at the increased speed for 30-seconds.
- Return to your jogging speed for 3-minutes.
- Repeat the intervals above 10 times, increasing each sprint speed by at least 0.2 mph.
- End your sprint workout with a brisk walk for 10 minutes.
3) Treadmill Hills
Hills are very good for increasing your heart rate. They also give you a very good workout for the muscles in your lower body.
- Complete a 10-minute warm-up jog with your treadmill’s incline set to 1.0.
- Increase the treadmill’s speed by about 0.5 mph, and your incline to 2.0.
- Get in a good, fast run for 1-minute.
- Return to an incline of 1.0.
- Run for 1-minute.
- Repeat the intervals, increasing your incline by at least 0.5 higher than the previous increase.
*Note: Your goal is to make it to an incline of 8.0, in time.
Basic Treadmill Jogging
Jogging on your treadmill is a very effective way of burning off fat. However, many people do it the wrong way, holding onto the treadmill’s front bar during their jogs. This method simply doesn’t give you the results you desire for weight loss. As you jog, keep your arms moving, just as you would while running. Then, follow these simple steps:
- Complete a 20-minute jogging workout, setting your treadmill’s speed to 5-mph.
- Walk slowly for 5 minutes.
- Return to your 5-mph jogging speed.
- Repeat the interval 4-5 times.
Running on the Treadmill
The most common treadmill workout is a simple running routine. This routine is an absolute must if you want to burn off excess fat at a swift rate. You can do intervals. But, it’s recommended that you run on your treadmill for about 25 minutes, setting your treadmill’s speed to about 6-mph.
The article above was written by Jamey Hardin. Proform provides quality treadmills and ellipticals for effective workouts. Visit their website for treadmill equipment for home workouts today.