For me, a healthy breakfast includes a good blend of protein and healthy carbs to give me energy to start my day. Some of my favorite healthy breakfasts, that are also quick and easy to prepare, are:
- Greenberry Shakeology blended with frozen berries and almond milk
- Whole wheat waffles with fresh blueberries
- Oatmeal with strawberries and turkey bacon
- Greek yogurt with granola
- Spinach and tomato egg scramble and whole wheat English Muffin
Here is a great egg scramble recipe that I found on Food.com recently (this is for two servings):
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small roma tomato, chopped
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 3 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese, divided
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped walnuts, for garnish
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Whisk together eggs and egg whites and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Saute Roma tomato until slightly tender.
Add egg mixture and scramble until eggs are soft set.
Add baby spinach leaves, stir for 30 seconds, turn off heat and cover skillet for one minute.
Portion on two plates and top with feta cheese and chopped walnuts.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
What foods to you enjoy for a healthy breakfast?