Unfortunately, I am the only person in my family who likes fish. So, when I make it, I really want it to be amazing for a mom-only meal. I invited my friend over to share with me since this recipe is for two. I found this amazing recipe on TableSpoon and decided to give it a try. Above are my results. Not bad, huh?
Healthy Recipe: Grilled Tilapia Spinach Salad
- 1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 oz sliced baby bella mushrooms
- 1 cup sliced zucchini
- 1 pinch coarse salt and freshly ground pepper, plus more for seasoning fish
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 fresh tilapia fillets
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 Tbsp favorite bottled lime vinaigrette
- Heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium high. Add the mushrooms and zucchini, season with a pinch of salt and pepper and sauté for about 5 minutes, until softened and starting to brown. Remove from pan and set aside to keep warm.
- In a small bowl, whisk the honey and lime juice together.
- Preheat an indoor or outdoor grill over medium high. Lightly coat with cooking spray. Season the fish on both sides with salt and pepper and place on the grill. Grill for about 3 minutes on each side, brushing the fish with the honey lime glaze.
- Divide the spinach leaves over two dinner plates. Arrange the grilled fish over the spinach, followed by the sautéed vegetables. Sprinkle the cherry tomatoes over the salads. Lightly dash with favorite lime vinaigrette.
- Serve immediately!
Sounds good, huh? What is a favorite fish or salad recipe that you like?