As a wife, mother, homemaker, and employee, life is so busy it is often very hard to find time for you. The stresses of the day can become overwhelming if you don’t take care of yourself. You have to make time to relax or do something that you enjoy. Here are 10 ways to find more “me” time in your day.
- Make a daily plan: If you make a plan for your day, you will get everything accomplished in a shorter amount of time. Another benefit is you won’t forget to do anything, and will feel better when you’ve completed your important tasks for the day.
- Go to bed and get up at the same time every day: If you get yourself on a schedule, and get enough sleep each night, you’ll feel energized and ready to start your day, in the morning. You will be ready to do all of the things you need to do.
- Set time aside every day: As a part of your daily plan, schedule time for yourself. It is an important part of maintaining balance and wellbeing, in your life.
- Make “me” time a priority: It is hard to put yourself first, but sometimes it is just necessary to take a break. Your family and friends will understand because if you don’t take care of yourself, you won’t be able to take care of anyone else.
- Don’t over-extend yourself: This is a part of knowing how much you are capable of doing, and not pushing yourself too far. Sometimes you have to decline an offer, or request because you know your limitations.
- Don’t underestimate the importance of “me” time: It is easy to think of “me” time as a luxury. Even to think of it like, an end of the day if you get everything done, part of life. It has been shown, time and time again, that taking even a little bit of time out, to recharge your batteries, is a vital component to health and happiness.
- Find something you really enjoy to do: Having something planned that you enjoy doing will give you something to look forward too. It will make planning time out for you easier. If you like plants than work on a garden, if you enjoy art start painting or doing other crafts projects. Having a hobby is something that excites you, and helps you relax and unwind.
- Use all the time you can even if it’s just 5-10 minutes: If you have a little bit of time use it to your advantage. You can spend the time stretching or just relaxing taking deep breaths. Sometimes 10 minutes is a great cat nap, as long as you have someone to wake you up, or read a book for those 5-10 minutes. You’ll be glad you used the time wisely.
- Enjoy the little things: Enjoy the little things around you, like a beautiful sunny day, or the colorful flowers that have bloomed. Being thankful and grateful for the blessings that you have will help you feel good, and enjoy your “me” time.
- Start everyday optimistically: Having a good mindset, from the beginning of each day, will set you up for success. Know that you are important. Realize that spending time on yourself is valuable because it makes you more productive.
Overall, making a plan and scheduling time for you is the best way to make “me” time a priority. You can do all you can to take care of your family and friends. You can work as hard as you can at your career, and let the busyness of life overwhelm you, but in the end, you will burn out. You have to take care of yourself, for your happiness and wellbeing.