11 Natural Skin Tightening Tips for Women
Skin sagging can happen due to a number of reasons like weight loss, genetic disposition or just natural aging. The sagging of skin is a natural phenomenon and is irreversible. Whatever might be the reason, the effect can be reduced or delayed. The following are a list of natural skin tightening tips.
1. Drink 8-10 glasses of water: Water helps in flushing out toxins and hydrates the skin. As the level of hydration increases, the skin tightens up on the face and neck. The moisture level goes up and makes the skin more supple, and firm.
2. A daily moisturising routine : A regular moisturizing routine for your face and neck is important as it helps in smoothing out the skin and tightens skin under the eyes. Use a good cleanser and toner and then apply a good moisturizer. Try a moisturiser with vitamin A and retinol that helps to build collagen.
3. Daily Application of Suncreen: Applying sunscreen on your face and neck will help prevent the harmful rays of the sun from damaging the skin. Using a good quality sunscreen with a high SPF will protect the skin from the harmful UV rays. It will prevent wrinkling and sagging of skin.
4. Healthy Diet: Diet has a major effect on the health of the skin. A diet consisting of foods rich in anti-oxidant, omega-3 fatty acids and vitamins helps to tighten the skin and reduce the occurrence of wrinkles. Avoid sugary and starchy foods as well as junk food.
5. A good night’s sleep: A good night’s sleep brings a sense of well being and helps the skin recover and rejuvenate. Lack of good sleep can make the skin very tired.
7. Natural Face Masks: Natural face masks help to rejuvenate and tone the face. A simple homemade mask which tightens or tones the face is 2 tsps. of fuller’s earth and one teaspoon of honey and one teaspoon of rose water.
8. Facial Exercises: The facial muscles like any other muscle need exercise. One of the most effective exercises is to move your mouth as if you are chewing gum and repeat it for 50 times. This helps formation of good facial muscles.A daily set of exercise regime creates a good blood circulation and help the skin glow as it clears of all the toxins. Here are some ideas from Peak Fitness:
Raise your eyebrows as high as you can and hold them for five seconds.
Open your mouth as wide as possible and stick your tongue out as far as you can and hold for a few seconds.
Using your three center fingers, press down on your cheeks and smile as hard as you can to raise your cheek muscles against your fingers.
Lift your eyebrows as high as you can, open your eyes as wide as possible and frown at the same time.
Sit in a comfortable chair and look up at the ceiling. Pucker your lips and stick your tongue out as far as possible to exercise your neck muscles.
9. Oil Massage: Doing an oil massage with almond oil and olive oil helps create a natural glow. It also allows natural skin oils to flow. Oil massage reduces wrinkles in the eye area.
10. Natural Face Scrub: Use a natural face scrub made of sugar and honey to help remove the dead cells. This is a natural way to encourage fresh skin growth.
11. Quit Smoking make healthy choices: If you smoke 20 cigarettes on a daily basis you will look 10 years older than you are. So make the wise choice and quit smoking.
If skin sagging persists even after taking all these natural steps then you should consult a dermatologist and take medical advice. Eating right and making the right choices will help you to get a healthy skin you always desired. We all love to look beautiful and young always, the best way to accentuate your natural beauty is by staying natural! Banish all harmful chemicals, detox your body and stay young always.
Ananya here, A fitness freak myself I strongly believe that a strong and healthy body is the best fashion statement. I feel healthy outside begins from inside. I write for Mom Junction. Through my writings I love to motivate people to develop healthy habits and adopt natural ways of living to achieve sound health.