Have you been trying your best to get back in shape, but the results just don’t seem to show. Before you give up hope, think about what you could be doing better to streamline your fitness quest. Keeping a tab on the amount of calories you consume and burn is a good tactic to help you lose weight. Here are five simple for calorie charting and tracking:
5 Easy Ways for Easy Calorie Charting & Tracking
- Set A Body Goal For Yourself – Before you begin preparations for losing weight, make sure to set specific, measurable and realistic body goals for yourself. While it is always good to try and aim for the stars, don’t bog yourself down with the pressure. Even if it means that you need to take small steps, it’s always better to do that than to wear yourself out at the very beginning. Do consult your trainer or a fitness expert before proceeding with the goal.
- Prepare A Daily Nutrition Chart For Yourself – The prerequisite to any good fitness regimen is a healthy diet. No surprises why your primary area of focus should be to prepare a detailed dietary chart for yourself, with the help of your fitness instructor or nutritionist. Depending on your age, weight, height, the amount of weight you want to lose and other health concerns, devise a diet chart that comprises of all essential nutrient sources. It should be well within the range of calories recommended for you as per your BMI. Include a good mix of fruits, vegetables, poultry, fish, dairy products, lentils, and nuts. If you have a sweet-tooth, opt for healthier dessert choices like frozen yogurt, dark chocolate, fresh fruit popsicles, and sorbet.
- Maintain A Calorie Tracker – Now that you have an elaborate diet chart to guide you through all your meal options, follow it strictly but also ensure that you record the calories you consume after each meal. Doing this will help you understand when you are falling short or over shooting the day’s required calories. You can use online tools or maintain a written account of your calorie intake. This step will not only help you know your daily calorie progress but also help control your portion sizes, thereby preventing you from overeating.
- Track The Calories You’ve Burned Using Fitness Apps – Thanks to the constant innovations in the field of technology, there seems to be an app for almost everything today. There’s one to help your kids sleep, and there’s even one to help you pick the right look for a party. Make the best of your smartphone to track the progress of your workout and its end-result. Whether you like a good run in the morning or prefer sweating it out at the gym, ensure you keep a record of every physical activity that you participate in and the calories you burn as a consequence. MyFitnessPal (on Android and iOS) is a highly useful app that will help you track both, your diet and exercise.
- Monitor Your Weekly Progress – Monitoring the progress of your fitness regimen on a weekly basis is one of the best ways to tailor your diet and exercises to suit your needs. At the end of every week, take down your weight and body measurements to see if there is a consistent improvement that’s bringing you closer to your end goal. Doing this will help you identify what’s working for you and what isn’t, in terms of your physical activity and dietary choices. Ensure you keep your fitness trainer and nutritionist in the loop regarding your progress as they are the best people to guide and help you make regular improvements to your fitness regimen.
If you are looking for quicker ways to losing weight, avoid going the crash diet route by all means. Increase your workout intensity and make stricter and healthier food choices as recommended by a fitness expert.
Apart from following the tips mentioned above, there are also many other ways to make your fitness journey more enriching and fun. You can try reading books on fitness and nutrition, attending fitness workshops, teaming-up with your workout buddies, and sharing your experiences on social media platforms. Over the due course, you will realize how beneficial this lifestyle change is, not just for your body, but also your overall emotional and mental well being. Join the fitness cult and see your life transform forever!
Thanks to Vineetha Reddy for contributing this post. Being a regular practitioner and adviser of everything related to nutrition, fitness, health and wellness, I also have begun to write and contribute to this knowledge ecosystem. I strongly believe that the organic food you find in your pantry provide the best benefits for good health. Follow Vineetha on Twitter for her best ideas and solutions.
Great Informative Share! Thank you so much for good information to see. Keep sharing these kind of stuff!!
Great Article. Thank you for sharing this informative post. You might want to do vibrant research before choosing anyone if you consider getting cosmetic surgery. You can get easily confused with the vast amount of choices.
Really informative blog..thanks for sharing. I love it!
Thank you so much for insightful blog.
Thanks for sharing wonderful article!! I really like this types of stuff. Once again thank you so much!!
Nowadays fitness is the really important part of life for maintaining good health for everyone so, you are doing such a great things for publish such a unique & informative article. Thank you so much for this amazing article!
Thanks for sharing wonderful blog
Hey. Thanks for sharing this informational post. I really enjoyed this kind of stuffs to stay fit. Keep sharing
I really like this article. Well thought out and easy to understand. I myself have been thinking of taking up running to push my fitness. Tips are very useful for maintaining good health. Thank you so much for this great article.
when its comes to looking after your on self in terms of health diet is the first thins we must consider
The article is from 2019 but the comments are from 2015. It is indeed still up to date. 🙂 The topics are wide and diverse, I like it, and I’m also so grateful I found https://tiranatural.club/fastweightloss – it helped me (and a friend of mine) not only lose weight but more important, to keep it off. I think it will happen more people. Thank you.
These are helpful tips. I never tried to count calories before though
What great tips! Ineed to start monitoring every week- that’s something I never am good at lol
I always have a general idea of my calorie consumption but I am an obsessive sort who would likely go overboard if I logged them. For me, activity trackers and apps have been a lifesaver.
These are all great tips. I get my exercise with my goats but I really don’t track it at all. I’m not concerned with losing weight or changing my size so I just exercise to exercise.
I use myfitnesspal.com, as well as the app, to track my calories. I’ve also started doing zumba at my gym and trying to eat better (that’s the hardest part, for me) … my work is doing a weight loss challenge for the summer, too! Winner takes the pot and we each contributed $5 :).