I love finding healthy recipes. This one makes Rice Crispy Treats that are better than the original in my opinion. Instead of melted marshmallow, these treats use brown rice syrup, almond butter and honey. It’s a great recipe with all-natural sweeteners that are great if you are trying to reduce your overall sugar intake (especially if you make it without the chocolate chips). These bars turn out chewy and delicious!!
Healthy Rice Crispy Treats Recipe
- 4 cups rice puffs
- ½ cup smooth almond butter
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- ¼ cup brown rice syrup
- ½ cup raw honey
- ¼ cup mini enjoy life chocolate chips
1. Prep and measure your rice puffs.
2. In a microwave safe bowl, combine the honey, almond butter and coconut oil and heat until just melted.
3. Whisk in the rice syrup to the melted bowl.
4. Pour the wet mixture into the rice puffs and combine until everything is sticky.
5. Let cool for 3-5 minutes and add in the chocolate chips. Stir them in.
6. Line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper and scoop in the rice krispie mixture.
7. Using a second piece of parchment paper, press down until flat and even in the pan.
8. Place in the freezer for at least thirty minutes to set.
9. Remove from the freezer and cut into nine large squares or twelve smaller ones.
These are so delicious they are typical gone within a day or two. I can’t keep my family away from them.
Sharing is caring!