Easy Vegetarian Appetizers for a Book Club Gathering
When I host book club, I am all about creating healthy and easy appetizers. We also have a vegetarian in our club so I like to create options that she can enjoy as well. I decided to try the new MorningStar Farms Baja Black Bean Pizza and create stuffed peppers with the Mediterranean Chickpea veggie burgers.
Creating appetizers with the pizzas could not have been easier, I simply cooked them, sliced them into mini portions, added a cherry tomato and a toothpick. Viola! Instant appetizer!
I wanted to create something a bit more fun using summer vegetables, but still super easy to make. I call myself a “reluctant chef” for a reason. I want all of my recipes to be super simple. Quick preparation with little clean up are my top requirements. Here is my super easy Stuffed Mini Sweet Pepper recipe. Make it for your next Book Club or social gathering. It’s sure to be a hit.
- 8 Tri-color Mini Sweet Peppers
- 2-3 Morningstar Farms Mediterranean Chick Pea Veggie Burgers
- Select a nice variety of colors with your sweet peppers
- Slice peppers in half and clean out seeds
- Place peppers open side up on a plate or cutting board
- Follow the instructions on the box to cook your Morningstar Farms Veggie Burgers
- Use a fork to mash the veggie burgers into a stuffing
- Spoon stuffing into halves of sweet peppers
- Use fingers to press into place if necessary
- Plate and serve immediately
The gals at my book club loved these so much that I made another batch on the spot. It’s so nice to have a recipe that can be on-demand in just a few minutes. As with most book clubs, we spent most of our time eating and chatting about stuff other than our monthly book. It was a lovely time with great food and friends. Thanks to MorningStar Farms for helping make my book club hosting a success.
The MorningStar Farms options are really versatile for all sorts of occasions. I’ll be bringing these appetizers to future events for sure. I’ll come up with a few new ideas as well. Hmm, perhaps a new BBQ burger recipe. I can’t wait to try more. Check out www.morningstarfarms.com to find exciting new ways to enjoy their products and spice up your kitchen. Whether it’s hosting a party or cooking dinner for the family, MorningStar Farms offers a fresh take on eating well.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.