This is a sponsored post from my friend Heather to help a great cause.
Support Every Mother Counts with Stella & Dot
As a Stylist with Stella & Dot over the last four years, I have been privileged to be a part of the company’s efforts to give back through our Stella & Dot Foundation. In the past we have supported organizations like Girls Incorporated & Build On through the sales of our special Foundation bracelets.
Just last week I was in Florida for our national sales conference “Hoopla” where they announced a new collaboration with Every Mother Counts, a nonprofit charity that was founded by Christy Turlington Burns after she suffered a serious post-delivery complication. When Christy learned that more than $287,000 women die each year due to complications from pregnancy and childbirth, and that 98% of these deaths were preventable, she decided to take action to help women in impoverished countries gain access to proper maternal care.
Every Mother Counts is dedicated to making pregnancy and childbirth safe for every mother. Every Mother Counts informs, engages, and mobilizes new audiences to take actions and raise funds that support maternal health programs around the world. http://everymothercounts.org/
My last pregnancy was deemed high risk, and I spent 3 months on bed rest. Had a routine ultrasound not revealed an issue at 18 weeks, she might have been born prematurely or worst case I might have lost her. I had weekly ultrasounds for the duration of my pregnancy and was grateful to have access to a hospital with high risk OBs. If I had lived elsewhere, I might not have gone on to have a healthy baby girl at 37 weeks.
Sitting in the audience last week, hearing Christy speak about her own experience and learning about Every Mother Counts’ mission, I was struck by the realization of just how lucky I am. Then and there I wrote down my goal… to sell 50 of our new “Enlighten” bracelets from which 100% of the net proceeds will go to Every Mother Counts.
This piece features a malleable gold-plated brass bar that sits atop an adjustable poppy orange leather band. The interior is embossed with Sister, Mother, Daughter in multiple languages as a reminder that as women, we are all connected. Personally, I love the simplicity of this piece and the fact that I can wear it layered with other bracelets or on its own.
Each bracelet is only $39, but just look at what the sale of these bracelets will provide to women in need…
- 1 bracelet – provides a woman transport to and from necessary health care.
- 5 bracelets – pays for a fetal Doppler to ensure safe pregnancy and delivery.
- 10 bracelets – educates a low-income woman on breastfeeding, nutrition and newborn care.
- 20 bracelets – buys essential medical equipment for midwifery students, pays for two prenatal visits for uninsured women, buys six birth kits for mothers-to-be.
- 50 bracelets – covers the necessary books, school supplies and teaching aids for midwifery students.
- 100 bracelets – trains a skilled birth attendant through a one-year program.
- 200 bracelets – buys a ‘solar suitcase’ that will deliver otherwise unavailable electricity for lights and equipment in rural health facilities.
If you would like to support Every Mother Counts’ mission and help Heather reach her goal by the end of August, you can purchase an Enlighten Bracelet by going to her website at www.stelladot.com/heatherstephens or using this direct link here: http://bit.ly/UncDGb.