It’s always good to make yourself look presentable, even if you’re just running errands for the day! But let’s face it, as moms, spending time getting ready is probably last on the list of things to-do before running out the door.
However, with a little planning and organization, any mom can get dressed in something besides yoga pants before heading out for the day. Here are some fashion tips for busy moms.
1. Have outfits ready to wear. This sounds simple enough, right? Have outfits hanging in your closet that you can grab off the hanger and put on within minutes. I put outfits together while I put my laundry away. I hang the pants (or skirt) on the same hanger with the top. Sometimes I even attach coordinating accessories to the hanger and place the shoes I want to wear underneath.
2. Keep track of outfits that you like. If you’re on Pinterest, you probably pin outfits that you like. I pin two kinds of outfits; ones that I can see myself wearing, and ones that are a bit more eclectic than I’d normally wear, but still inspirational. After you have some favorites pinned, go back a paragraph and read #1.
3. Stick with a color family. One super easy way to put an outfit together is by color. Stick with one color family to create a tonal look. Today I went gray-scale.
4. Use the rule of three. Another easy way to get dressed is by following the rule of three. Pick three colors (prints can be included as a color) and build an outfit from there. The pictures above also demonstrates this; gray jeans, polka dot top, black and white printed scarf. Three colors. Simple.
5. Brainstorm before getting to your closet. I’m a planner. Usually my whole day is planned out in my head (or at least an outline sketch of it). I use the same line of thinking with picking an outfit. Before I open my closet, I know what I want to wear. Some days my brainstorming might be a simple as knowing that I want to wear my red pants, and then once I get to my closet, I take it from there. But, it all starts with a plan.
April is a teacher and mother of two from the blog Knocked Up Fabulous. After her first pregnancy, she vowed to stay away from men’s t-shirts and baggy sweat pants. Since then she’s been all about staying fabulous with two little ones in tow.
I am such a casual mom, jeans and a baby tee, or jean shorts and a tank, Every once in a while I want to look what I call cute 🙂
I just found your blog and I am loving it – following for sure! I need to make a comeback right now, I lost me somewhere along the way and I need help! Can’t wait for your posts! 🙂
I love the first tip. What a great idea and time saver!
I never understand why Mom’s think it’s okay to go out and run around looking like slobs when it takes the same amount of time to put on a decent top and pants. Thanks for the cute reminder.
Right?! Why do women do that? Before I leave the house I make sure that I look decent enough so that if I happen to run into anyone (think co-workers, ex-boyfriends, etc…) that I don’t feel embarrassed!
knocked up fabulous
Love that scarf with the top! Never would have put them together. Great tips. I hang mine with necklaces. I wish I was more put together though. I’ll have to try harder 🙂
I always try to stick with 1 or 2 colors. Makes it easier to match. great suggestions.
Great tips. No need to be frumpy just because you’re a mom!
Those are great tips! I often struggle picking out outfits for daily wear. This will help.
Great tips!And I love your outfit! You look great 🙂
I love the idea of building outfits ahead of time. Thanks for the tips!
What great tips!!!! I make sure I have my clothes ready to go the night before!
Great tips, I feel like I dress for comfort all the time but like to look put together too 🙂
All great tips. You look cool, put together and comfortable
I love pre-building my outfits, it saves so much time!
These are great fashion tips for moms like us. I think I have to follow tips # 2 and 3 since I don’t usually do it. Anyway, I love your photos and I totally love the outfit.