ViSalus is well known as a company specializing in products for weight loss, weight management and nutrition. I was contacted by the company to create a recipe using the ViSalus Vi-Shape Nutritional Shake Mix. I decided to use the Shake mix to make a healthy breakfast with my famous Sautéed Apple Pancakes. OK, they may not be famous, but they are really good, so give this recipe a try.
The ViSalus Shake Mix seems very versatile used in drinks or cooking recipes. The base is a sweet cream flavor that I first tried in a berry shake. You can add flavor packets to the mix as well, but by adding fresh berries, I did not need any extra flavoring.
But, I digress… on to the Sautéed Apple Pancakes!
(recipe from AllRecipes.com)
First, I made the sautéed apples. This serves 4. The instructions are as follows:
- 2 tablespoons butter or butter substitute
- 2 large tart apples – peeled, cored and sliced or cubes
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large skillet or saucepan, melt butter over medium heat; add apples. Cook, stirring constantly, until apples are almost tender, about 6 to 7 minutes.
- Dissolve cornstarch in water; add to skillet. Stir in brown sugar and cinnamon. Boil for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and serve warm.
Old Fashioned Pancakes with ViSalus
Recipe from AllRecipes.com
This recipe supposedly serves 8, but if your family wants 2 pancakes each, I’d say it serves 4, which is perfect for my family.
- 1 cup ViSalus Vi-Shape Nutritional Shake Mix
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg or equivalent with egg subsitute
- 1 1/4 cups milk or almond milk
- 1 tablespoon melted butter (not necessary, but ads great flavor)
- In a large bowl, sift together the shake mix, flour, baking powder and salt. Make a well in the center and pour in the milk, egg and melted butter; mix until smooth.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Brown on both sides and serve hot with sautéed apples on top.
Adding the Visalus ups the protein in these pancakes and ads a lot of extra nutritional value. You will be full for hours and fueled up for a morning of afternoon workout. Here is the nutritional info:
Here is a description of the Visalus Vi-Shape Nutritional Shake Mix from the product web site:
Vi-Shape is the foundation of every Body by Vi Challenge Kit thanks to an unbeatable combination of great nutrition and great taste. Whether your Challenge goal is to lose weight, be more active, or get fit, Vi-Shape is an innovative and delicious way to give your body what it needs.
Vi-Shape supports your success thanks to an exclusive Tri-Sorb protein blend, and is low fat, low sodium, low calorie, low sugar, and lower carb than other brands.
Best of all… it tastes amazing! Great on its own with a delicious Sweet Cream flavor, or shake things up with one of our flavor mix-ins, fresh fruit, or any of the over 1,000 community favorite recipes found at recipes.vi.com. It’s fast, delicious, and healthy… all for less than $2 a meal!
Have you ever tried Visalus? Do you have a recipe using Visalus Shake Mix? Share in a comment. For more information about Visalus, check out their web site and social media channels here: