Craving mousse but not the fat and calories? Try this healthy recipe for banana mousse sweetened with honey. It will satisfy your sweet tooth with healthy ingredients you might not think to put in a mousse recipe.
Since bananas are a year-round fruit, they are easy to find and inexpensive. This recipe only has 5 main ingredients so it’s super easy to make too!
Ever wondered what goodness is in a banana? Other than being rich in vitamin B6, bananas are a good source of vitamin C, dietary fibre and manganese. Bananas are also fat-free, cholesterol-free and virtually sodium-free.
Total Time: 55 min.
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cooking Time: None
Yield: 4 servings
2 Tbsp. low-fat milk
1 Tbsp. raw honey
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1¼ medium banana, sliced, reserve 8 slices for garnish
1 cup low-fat plain yogurt
4 fresh mint leaves (for garnish; optional)
Sprinkle with cinnamon (optional)
1. Place milk, honey, extract, and banana in blender. Cover; blend until smooth.
2. Place milk mixture in a medium bowl. Fold in yogurt; mix well. Cover.
3. Chill in the refrigerator for at least 45 minutes.
4. Portion mousse into four small serving bowls.
5. Garnish ideas: two banana slices and one mint leaf and/or powdered cinnamon
Nutritional Information: (per serving)
Calories: 105 Fat: 1 g Saturated Fat: 1 g Cholesterol: 4 g Sodium: 45 mg Carbs: 22 g Fiber: 1 g Sugars: 17 g Protein: 4 g
Have favorite healthy recipe for dessert? Share in a comment.
Honey Sweetened Healthy Banana Mousse
- 2 Tbsp. low-fat milk
- 1 Tbsp. raw honey
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1¼ medium banana sliced, reserve 8 slices for garnish
- 1 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 4 fresh mint leaves for garnish; optional
- Sprinkle with cinnamon optional
- Place milk, honey, extract, and banana in blender. Cover; blend until smooth.
- Place milk mixture in a medium bowl. Fold in yogurt; mix well. Cover.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least 45 minutes.
- Portion mousse into four small serving bowls.
- Garnish ideas: two banana slices and one mint leaf and/or powdered cinnamon