Healthy Recipe: Ginger Soy Flank Steak
Getting enough protein is important for a healthy diet. Marinate your steak with ginger, soy, and garlic to give it a sweet and delicious flavor. Great with a salad or other veggies on the side.
Total Time: 1 hr. 21 min.
Prep Time: 5 min.
Cooking Time: 16 min.
Yield: 6 servings
2-inch slice fresh ginger, peeled, finely chopped
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 Tbsp. crushed red pepper
2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
1 Tbsp. raw honey
¼ cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
1 tsp. sesame seed oil
1½ lbs. flank steak (or tenderized round steak)
1. Combine ginger, garlic, red pepper, lime juice, honey, soy sauce, and oil in a small bowl; whisk to blend.
2. Place steak in a shallow dish. Pour ginger mixture over steak; marinate, covered, turning once, for 1 hour in the refrigerator.
3. Preheat grill or broiler on high.
4. Grill or broil steak for 5 to 8 minutes on each side, or until the internal temperature reaches desired temperature on your meat thermometer (rare is 120° F., medium rare is 125° F., medium is 130° F.). Remove from heat; let steak rest, covered with aluminum foil, for 5 to 10 minutes before slicing.
5. Slice steak thinly against the grain.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
Another healthy recipe brought to you by the folks at Team Beachbody. Get more and 10% off all products when you join the Team Beachbody Club. A plus is that I’ll be your “coach” too.