Unfortunately, I am the only person in my family who likes fish. So, when I make it, I really want it to be an amazing for-mom-only meal. I invited my friend over to share with me since this recipe is for two.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF GRILLED TILAPIA
Tilapia provides a healthy source of vitamins, minerals, and protein. It is a lean fish that is a great alternative to red meat. When selecting Tilapia, avoid any that are farmed in China. According to Healthline.com, the best sources come from the United States, Canada, the Netherlands, Ecuador or Peru.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF SPINACH
Leafy green vegetables like spinach contain some of the highest nutritional value than any other vegetable. Less then 50 calories per cup, spinach contains high levels of vitamins K and A, which are good for bone metabolism and your immune system. Spinach also contains high values of other vitamins and minerals.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF LENTILS
Lentils are not only flavorful but an excellent source of iron, folate, and protein. Since they are also low in calories, you can add them to any dish without feeling guilty.
Healthy Recipe: Grilled Tilapia Spinach Salad
- 8 unpeeled baby potatoes, washed
- 1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 Tbsp favorite bottled lime vinaigrette
- 1 can no-salt-added brown lentils, drained
- 1 pinch coarse salt and freshly ground pepper, plus more for seasoning fish
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 fresh tilapia fillets
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- Place unpeeled potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to the boil and allow to simmer for 10 minutes or until you can easily pierce them with a knife. Drain and set aside.
- While the potatoes are cooking, combine the brown lentils, spinach, and tomatoes in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk the honey and lime juice together.
- Preheat an indoor or outdoor grill over medium-high. Lightly coat with cooking spray. Season the fish on both sides with salt and pepper and place on the grill. Grill for about 3 minutes on each side, brushing the fish with the honey lime glaze.
- Divide the spinach leaves over two dinner plates. Arrange the grilled fish over the spinach salad.
- Lightly dash with favorite lime vinaigrette.
- Serve immediately!