Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Comeback Momma may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from September 9, 2019.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as zip code, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- This site may also collect aggregate demographic information through Google Analytics, such as gender, age, and preferences/interests. This analytical data is not personally identified to you in any way. We use this information to provide you with relevant content and we use aggregated data from Google Analytics to provide demographic info on our site (percentage of male vs female readers; top geographic locations) for sponsored content opportunities.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- We may use the information to advertise products or services, or to keep you up to date on recent posts, via our email list.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services, or gather ideas for content.
- We may record information relating to your use of the Site in order to help administer the Site and personalize your experience by improving customer service.
- We may use aggregate demographic information to share with third parties for sponsored content opportunities.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Mediavine Programmatic Advertising
The Website uses Mediavine to manage all third-party advertising on the Website. Mediavine serves content and advertisements when you visit the Website, which may use first and third-party cookies. A cookie is a small text file which is sent to your computer or mobile device (referred to in this policy as a “device”) by the web server so that a website can remember some information about your browsing activity on the Website. The cookie may collect information relating to your use of the Website, information about your device such as the device’s IP address and browser type, demographic data and, if you arrived at the Website via a link from a third-party site, the URL of the linking page.
First party cookies are created by the website that you are visiting. A third-party cookie is frequently used in behavioral advertising and analytics and is created by a domain other than the website you are visiting. Third-party cookies, tags, pixels, beacons and other similar technologies (collectively, “Tags”) may be placed on the Website to monitor interaction with advertising content and to target and optimize advertising. Each internet browser has functionality so that you can block both first and third-party cookies and clear your browser’s cache. The “help” feature of the menu bar on most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to receive notification of new cookies, how to disable existing cookies and how to clear your browser’s cache. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, you can consult the information at www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/.
Without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of the Website content and features. Please note that rejecting cookies does not mean that you will no longer see ads when you visit our Site.
The Website may collect IP addresses and location information to serve personalized ads and pass it to Mediavine. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices to opt-in or opt-out of this data collection, please visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp. You may also visit http://optout.aboutads.info/#/ and http://optout.networkadvertising.org/# to learn more information about interest-based advertising. You may download the AppChoices app at http://www.aboutads.info/appchoices to opt out in connection with mobile apps, or use the platform controls on your mobile device to opt out.
Mediavine partners with the following data processors:
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting us.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
EMBEDDED CONTENT FROM OTHER WEBSITES:
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
We do not sell your information to third parties.
We do use third parties to assist with some of the functions in this site, and as such your data may be shared with those and/or cookies may be used with those. These currently include the following:
- Google Analytics – We use google analytics to provide us with information about site volume, site navigation, user sessions, and demographic data. We may also use Google Analytics to track clicks to a particular link within a page.
- Mailchimp – We use Mailchimp for the email newsletter form, to store email addresses, and to send out a weekly email newsletter.
- Share-A-Sale – We use Share-A-Sale for affiliate marketing purposes, including links in posts and advertisements on the sidebar, which includes a tracking cookie to assess purchases.
- Amazon – We use Amazon for affiliate marketing purposes, which includes a tracking cookie to assess purchases.
- Awin – We use Awin for affiliate marketing purposes, which includes a tracking cookie to assess purchases.
This list may be updated from time to time Website’s sole discretion.
We sometimes use Bitly to create specific trackable links. In this case, the only data we have access to is the number of times a link was clicked.
How long do we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
If you submit an email address to sign up for our email newsletter, this will also be retained indefinitely, or until either you unsubscribe or we decide to discontinue our email newsletter.
Other advertising and affiliates
Display Ads: This website provides display ads via our affiliate marketing partnerships through Amazon, Share-a-Sale, or Awin.
Affiliate Marketing: This website uses affiliate links, which are links that provide a commission back to us when you purchase a product. It tracks these purchases using a cookie. It does not change the user experience in anyway.
Security and data breaches
We do our best to protect your information for any unauthorized access, misuse, or disclosure. In the event we discover a data breach, we will notify you within 72 hours.
However, you acknowledge that the personal information you voluntarily share could be accessed or tampered with by a third party. You agree that we are not responsible for any intercepted information shared through our Site without our knowledge or permission. Additionally, you release us from any and all claims arising out of or related to the use of such intercepted information in any unauthorized manner.
Children – online privacy protection act compliance
If a parent or guardian believes that the Website has personally identifiable information of a child under the age of 16 in its database, please contact us immediately so that we may remove such data.
Your rights related to this information
At any time, you have the right to the following:
- Opt-out – You may opt-out of email communications from us by using the unsubscribe button at the bottom of our email list, or by emailing a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also email us directly if you would like access to a “freebie”/lead magnet but do not want to subscribe to the mailing list in order to access it.
- Understand Your Data – You can email us anytime to better understand the data that we have on file about you. Please reach out to email@example.com.
- Delete/Forget Your Data – You can request that we erase your personal data. (Please note that there may be legal situations, bookkeeping requirements, or requirements to complete a transaction that require retaining the data for a certain period of time.) Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Changes to this policy
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us.
If at any point you have any questions related to this privacy, please email email@example.com.
Updated: May 2020