This post is sponsored by Bon Ami
It’s that time of year again when everyone seems to be spring cleaning. What is it about spring that makes extra cleaning so special? I’m not sure, but I do feel the urge to make the surfaces in my house sparkle just a bit more. We tend to get more guests this time of year so I impress them by using these spring cleaning tips and tricks.
The folks at Bon Ami have so many great ideas to clean practically anything. Best of all, Bon Ami’s nontoxic cleanser uses simple ingredients with no harsh chemicals. It’s tough of on grime, but not my hands. I don’t even need to wear gloves when I use it! Did you know that it’s also a biodegradable cleanser? Another plus in my book!
Spring Cleaning Tips and Tricks
Clean a Stained Tub
Our tub manufacturer actually recommended Bon Ami for cleaning. I like that it is non-toxic so there are no strong odors while I lean over to clean the tub. First, it’s best to find out what type of tub you have. Bon Ami has an easy way to check here.
- Mix Bon Ami to create a paste to clean grime and stains
- If stain is not removed, apply a layer of the Bon Ami paste to the stain and let is sit for 30 minutes
- Use a damp sponge and gently polish the surface clean
- Rinse with warm water and enjoy your sparkling new tub.
Make Your Glass Cooktop Look Like New
Ever feel like your glass cooktop lacks the luster it once had? Well, using Bon Ami will bring it back to life. Follow these easy steps:
- Wipe cooktop down with wet cloth
- Sprinkle with Bon Ami
- Gently rub stained areas until smooth
- Wipe clean with wet cloth
- Dry with clean, dry cloth for a streak-free shine
Always check your cooktop manufacturer’s cleaning instructions as well, but Bon Ami really does the trick for me.
Easily Clean Your Microwave
This is the one appliance that I sometimes forget to clean. It sometimes looks like food exploded inside. With my teenage son’s cooking techniques, it probably has. Anyway, the Bon Ami website has tips that I had never heard of. It did the job really well!
- Place a bowl of water in the microwave
- squeeze a lemon into the bowl
- Microwave on high for 5 minutes
- Let bowl sit for another 2 minutes
- Remove bowl with caution as it may still be hot
- Remove spinning plate, wet a sponge and sprinkle with Bon Ami
- Gently rub plate clean, rinse and let dry
- Sprinkle Bon Ami on wet sponge and clean the inside of microwave
Viola! A super clean microwave! Now if I can just get my son to stop making such a mess in there.
Get Scuff Marks Off Dishes
This was a new way to use Bon Ami that I’d never heard of. There are some dishes that my family’s had for years so they have years of scuff and scratch marks from our stainless steel silverware. I thought these marks were here to stay until I read a post on the Bon Ami website. Follow these easy steps to make your dishes look nearly new too!
- Sprinkle some Bon Ami into a small bowl and add water to make a paste
- Dip a soft cloth in the paste and gently buff away marks
- Test small area if you have a delicate ceramic
- Rinse, dry and admire the results
Bon Ami is the perfect product for spring cleaning. I can’t believe how many things I can clean with it all without the use of harsh chemicals. What will you clean with Bon Ami? Click here to learn more about Bon Ami and to find additional cleaning tips.