Fun Spring Craft: Decorate Your Sneakers
Do you own a pair of sneakers that have lost their luster or just feel boring? Perhaps you have an old pair of Converse, Vans or Keds that look a bit dingy and just sit in your closet. If you want to start with a fresh pair as a blank canvas, you can also buy shoes online that are rather inexpensive. Some craft stores even sell plain white sneakers for this craft idea.
Here are some fun craft ideas that might try to add glam and originality to a pair of sneakers:
- Glitter and Glue: Bring out the box of sparkle or glitter. Create different designs using the glitter as well as a stencil that you have just cut out of a piece of paper.
- Stickers: One of the simplest ways of redoing your old pair of sneakers is by sticking on some cute stickers. You will likely want to cover with some decoupage glue for longer wear. There are some specialty companies that make stickers specifically for sneakers too.
- Studs and sequins: Studs and sequins are a great way to add style and pizzaz.
- Newspaper: This is a really fun trend where you can select newspaper photos and text that speak to your personality and glue them on your sneakers. So fun!
- Paint: This is a super simple way of giving your old shoes a brand new look. You might want to coat the base with a color that can cover the original design of the shoes. Now, create a fresh design on them.
- Ribbons and Elastic: Do away with the white laces and create something trendier like ribbons and elastics.
- Sketch Pens: Sketch pens or markers can create designs with more intricate details.
Make your sneakers not just a fashion statement but a personal statement too. Give them your own signature style and rock them in any outfit.
A great way to come up with ideas is to consider the crafts you did as a child or perhaps your children bring home from school. Search the internet for a ton of great ideas too.
Have a fun spring craft idea to share? Have you ever decorated your shoes or sneakers? Let us know.
Thanks to Dana Smith who recommends Vans shoes Canada for this post