Quinoa is a popular food for a healthy diet. It’s protein packed, high in fiber and gluten-free. It’s also nutrient rich with B vitamins, calcium, vitamin E and other antioxidants. Creating a Quinoa Bowl is a fun and easy way to add this super food to your healthy diet. I love this recipe for a quinoa bowl with sweet potato, corn and a Greek yogurt dressing. It’s both sweet and savory.
Quinoa Bowl with Sweet Potato, Corn and Green Yogurt Dressing.
- 1 large sweet potato, diced
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 cup canned corn
- ½ cup canned red kidney beans
- ¼ cup cilantro, diced
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt (plain)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Juice of half a lime
Yields: 4 to 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F and place sweet potato on baking sheet. Evenly pour over olive oil and season with salt and pepper (to taste). Roast in the oven for about 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, toss together quinoa, corn, red kidney beans. Add roasted potatoes on top.
- To make the dressing, whisk together yogurt, garlic powder and lime juice. Place a dollop on each serving bowl.
- Top the bowl with cilantro and serve in individual bowls. Bon appetit!
Benefits of Sweet Potato for a Healthy Diet
In addition to the quinoa, sweet potatoes are rich in nutrients. I love that sweet potatoes are also easy to find and inexpensive to add to my healthy recipes. Sweet potatoes are a good source of B, C and D vitamins. They also contain iron, magnesium and potassium. Although they are sweet, they do not cause blood sugar spikes.
Benefits of Greek Yogurt
Of course Greek Yogurt is another ingredient that is great for a healthy diet. It’s packed with protein and calcium. It’s also a great source of vitamin B-12.
As you can see, this quinoa bowl is chock full of ingredients to benefit a healthy diet. Give it a try and let me know what you think.